Thursday, August 14, 2008

NWCET Summer Institute Web 2.0 Track Intro Letter

Listen to this article
Hi Everyone!

My name is Tony Sako and I'm the instructor for the Web 2.0 class next week. I hope that you're as excited as I am for the class. We're going to cover blogs, wikis, audio and video podcasting, screencasting (and more). It's a very hands-on class, and I believe that you will find that the skills you learn will be very valuable for you and your students ... not to mention a lot of fun!

We're going to try and cover a lot of ground, so it would be great if we could get started quickly. The first thing we'll do is get to know each other, which will be critical since we'll be working together to on manyt of the projects. To accomplish our quick start it would be great if you had a brief intro about your experience and background. You don't have to write anything down, just think about it. I'd also like you to think about the following questions:

1. What do you want to get from the class? Are there any subjects in particular that you want to concentrate on?
2. Are you already using any of the Web 2.0 technologies such as blogs, wikis, etc.?

As a final request, it would be great if you could bring your own digital cameras and microphone/headsets if you have them. We're using BCC's equipment, and they have some flip-cams we can use, but I think it's better if you have a camera that you're used to. I have 7 or 8 microphone/headsets which we can share, but it would be great if you had your own and could bring it.

I'm also going to post this message to my blog at http://aasako.blogpot.com so you can post comments there if you would like.

See you next week!

Tony

2 comments:

Debi said...

Hi Tony and classmates, Debi here. I am really looking forward to the class. I want to be able to use the tools I learn in this class to add fun, easy, and public tools to my classes. I'd like to learn to use wikis for group projects and explore webcasting. I am a blogger and my current blog is located at www.debissytraveler.net.

Rolly Maiquez said...

Hello Tony -- my name is Rolly Maiquez. I am preparing a class (on Web 2.0) for my fellow teachers. I came across your course outline for the Web 2.0 class you once offered at the Washington Working Connections Summer Institute.

I would like to ask for permission to use this course outline/content for the class I am preparing for. May I use your outline for my class?

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Rolly Maiquez